|Personal and Professional Goals||Teaching Coaching Skills for Managers||Book and Speaking|
I am Amy Kay Watson, and I coach talented, brilliant, tender-hearted professionals like you to discover their destiny, own their power, and live their purpose with courage and compassion–even in a corporate environment.
As an ICF-certified personal development and leadership coach, I have worked with thousands of professionals across North America. I have helped leaders and teams get fantastic results, increase their influence, and prepare for the future. My training came from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (B.A.), Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Div.), and Fielding Graduate University (Certification in Evidence-Based Coaching). I have been working in organizational culture, organizational leadership transformation, and career transition since 2009.
You might want to work with me if:
- you are ready to stretch.
- you feel stuck deciding your next steps.
- there are communication issues in your relationships.
- the stress of your role is keeping you from being effective.
- you want (but don’t feel) confidence at work, in leadership, and with decisions.
How it works
While I do meet some clients face-to-face in central Ohio, we can do all of our coaching work online. We can meet by phone or videoconference (such as Skype or Zoom) and supplement our communications through email, texting, or apps such as Evernote and Insight Timer. Coaching is all about you — your goals, your agenda, your stories, your life, your work, your presence. My role is to help you be at your best as often as you can be. Why let something like distance get in the way?
Applications are now being accepted
for the first Tao of Work: Coaching Leadership Journey course in coaching skills for managers. Click the graphic for details!
What is Coaching?
In this video I introduce myself and explain how coaching with me is different from hiring a mentor, hiring an athletic coach, or hiring a therapist.
My clients have a fascinating breadth of goals that they are working toward, and I customize my approach based on those goals. I will help you tune into the ways you have sabotaged your own success so you can stop getting in your own way. Together we discover how you can transform your mindset and change your approach to get significantly better results, achieve your goals, and make your hopes and dreams a reality.
Here are some results I like to help my clients achieve:
- Goal achievement
- Better relationships
- Stronger leadership, including coaching skills for managers
- Feeling authentically yourself at work
- Stronger thinking skills
- Stress help
- Improved communication
Professional Coaching maximizes potential and therefore unlocks latent sources of increased productivity. It improves work performance, business management, time management, and team effectiveness.
- “Amy is one of the most thoughtful and empathetic people I know. She integrates what she is noticing about my feelings to enrich the conversation and connect heart/mind solution options. All of the major breakthroughs have been through her intuition and really listening to me. It’s not usually what I say, but how I say it or what I don’t say that she picks up on.”
- “Amy gives me a grounded space to define the situation myself with insight. She doesn’t analyze me, but takes me through a discovery process so I come up with my own answers. I would not respond well to being told what to do. It’s amazing the insight I get when my thinking is reflected back to me.”
- “One of the highest integrity people I know.”
- “Amy’s intelligent, compassionate, has a strong sense of responsibility and is a good listener. It’s easy to feel at ease with her.”
- “Amy asks questions that lead to self-discovery and personal reflection of a type that rarely surfaces in other personal interactions. She works with these points of revelation, identifying key issues and selecting dynamic approaches that are able to bring about change.”
- “Amy is a very good listener and very easy to talk to. She has both the experience and the necessary knowledge to offer you practical solutions for your problems (knowledge allows her to propose a variety of relevant experiments in her guidance process). Amy guided me in addressing my problems.”
An Easy First Step
Don’t miss it! Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox!
If you already know that you are ready to hire a coach
If you have a decision to make or a challenge to tackle, I am happy to offer one free 30-minute goal-oriented coaching session. This will give you a sense for who I am and what it’s like to work with me, what coaching is like, and whether you will get value from our work together. Contact Amy.
More About Amy Kay Watson, Personal Development, Leadership, and Career Coach